In recent years, there has been a lot of talk going around the full stack developers. Some are thinking about the growth of Java full stack developer and some are thinking about how to become a Java full stack developer. If you are one of them then we got you covered.
According to the Stack over Developer Survey, it has been relieved that Java full stack web developer has been the most popular developer occupation right now. Java full stack developer ranks second in the top 10 list when it comes to the best jobs in the Entire USA.
The present growing demand for full stack developers has been inspiring lots of job aspirants to become a full stack developer. As you are curious to find out how to become java full stack developer, we got you covered with all the important technologies and tools you have to use to master full stack web development.
Firstly, let’s start with the topic who is a full stack web developer and later on jump onto the required topics.
Who is a Java full stack developer?
In general, a Java full stack developer is a software engineer who often handles all the work of the databases, which includes front end, backend programming of Java and other associates programming languages, servers, and other aspects.
In simple terms, you can say the Java full stack developer is the kind of person who masters the variety of Java skills and use those skills to complete their project.
Demand for Java Full Stack Developers:
Java full stack developers are on-demand in this present software IT industry. Most of today’s top MNCs are eager to hire java full stack developers because they will have to full knowledge of not just single aspect but has deep knowledge of multiple technologies.
All the java full stack developers will take care of end-to-end product development with the proper expertise in Java and other associated technologies.
Before getting into the detail, let’s check out what does full stack developer mean and what layers they have to use and what are abilities they should have in this post.
Java full stack developer has the knowledge of the whole application along with that they also have experience with the different caching systems, databases, and other administration related commands to get quick results.
Java Full Stack Developer Deals with below layers:
A full stack Java developer has to have a clear knowledge of creating a software application. So, let’s talk about the key layers in software application architecture which java full stack developer has to master.
There are primarily three layers in the software application architecture.
1. Database Layer
2. Application Layer
3. Presentation Layer
A Full Stack Java Developer often has to take care of all these three layers in the software development.
This is the primary layer where a full stack Java developer has to master. Here is where the data is stored and it will be retrieved.
Example: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server and more. Here the data is accessed by the application layer only via API calls.
The application layer mainly consists of the business logic layer. This functional business logic layer drives an application core capabilities. It’s often written in the programming languages like .NET, Java, C#, C++, etc. As a java full stack developer one should have to tackle this business logic layer with Java programming language.
Finally, it comes to the presentation tier. It is the front end layer which consists of the user interface. This UI is often has a graphical representation which one can access through a web browser or by a web application. It displays content and information which is useful to the End Users.
Java full stack developer has to full fill each and every layer in order to become a full stack developer. A java full stack developer has to have command on both frontend and backend programming. Along with that, he has to have enough knowledge of other technologies as well.
Role of a Full Stack Java Developer:
Until now, we have learned about what is full stack Java developer and layers they have to use in creating a software application. Lets now check out the primary role of full stack Java developer.
Full stack developers are the one who often uses a stack of technologies to create and run a complete application. Starting from the database which you want to connect to, to how you are going to present them in your application to display it to your end customers.
Now, as we are speaking about the Java full stack developer you need to be comfortable with Java and other associated programming languages.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Full Stack Java Developers should often be comfortable to work with both the Unix and Linux Operating Systems.
- They should clearly, understand and work with the intricacies of the relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, SQL, etc.
- Along with that, they should have enough knowledge of the non-relational database such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- They should have enough knowledge of web frameworks such as Servlets, JSP, Struts, Spring, JSF, Play Framework, Ratpack and more.
- They have to use DI frameworks such as Guice, Spring, etc.
- One should be able to use ORM frameworks like hibernating with ease.
- Have to easily write and set up various testing strategies such as integration test, unit test, companion test and more by using the tools like JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, etc.
- Quickly understand associated infrastructure technologies for security, searching, queues, caching, logging, etc. You have to know about Log4J, ehcache, Elasticsearch, ApacheMQ, Logstash, Kibana, Spring Security, Redis, etc.
- Java full stack developer has to work with version control system VCS like Mercurial, SVN, Git, etc.
- Quickly understand the DevOps tools like GoCD, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
To become a full stack Java developer you should also have other skills.
Basic Design Ability:
This is the key point which helps a developer to become a full stack Java developer. Although most of the people will not mention this point, I feel basic design requirements are always vital for any full stack developer. I’m saying this because design skills are crucial and java full stack developers often need basic skills on prototype design, User Interface Design, User Experience Design and more. So that they can quickly go through their presentation layer.
Along with the design basics, full stack developer should also have a dedicated mindset and other requirements to quickly adapt into the full stack developer role.
Those self-requirement skills are:
- Global thinking: Global thinking always helps full stack developer to think about the trends and how to adapt to the trends.
- Good communication skills: I think you all might know the importance of communication skills. So, I will not stress the point much.
- Creativity: Creativity is often needed in full stack Java development because they should create applications which attract users & clients.
- Curiosity: Like all the other skills one should have curiosity as a self-requirement for becoming a full stack Java developer.
- Time management skills: Time management skills are often important for any profession and in full stack java development field these are more vital.
These are self-requirements skills which are required to become a full stack Java developer.
Most of the people who want to become a full stack Java developer might be overwhelmed with the above requirements. But, really you don’t have to be because these are quite the basics in Full Stack Java Development and they help you to fast track your career in a short span.
To say it in shot form, to become a full stack Java developer one should need to know about how to build the complete application by using Java and other associated technologies.
If you are a young aspirant who seeks to gain knowledge on becoming a professional full-stack java developer? Then you have to take up professional Full Stack Java developer course from Ebox.
E-Box Full Stack Java Developer Program:
In ebox full-stack Java developer course, you’ll prepare for a job as a full stack Java developer and also learn how to create complex server-side applications which are powerful. You’ll even build applications which support any front end, and scale to support all users.
The ebox full stack developer program is specially designed to ensure young aspirants long-term success in this field. So, the skills you will learn will help you prepare for jobs in full stack Java development and you’ll be able to deliver immediate value to your organization as well. So, try ebox full stack Java development program and become a full stack Java developer and land on your dream job.
Whenever you master the above requirements you are then likely to be a professional full stack Java developer with ease. This is how you can become a full stack Java developer.